Rules of Care for Shoes
09th Sep 2015, Author: emilio guido
– If possible, wear your shoes every other day, therefore the humidity formed within your shoes would dry out during the resting period and the life of your shoes will be extended. It is advised that the shoes must be aired against possible odours and they and they are put into moulds to prevent deformation.
– Wet or damp shoes must not be dried by means of instruments such as heater, central heating, stove. This mode of drying may cause hardening, cracking and breaking of the leather. The leather must be wiped clean with a damp cloth and it must be left to dry naturally. They must not be exposed to sun.
– First clean mud and dirt over your shoes with a damp cloth, upon drying, carry out painting and polishing.
– Clean your suede/nubuk shoes with eraser first, afterwards paint them with suede nubuk spray paint in its own color. While soft shoes with no lining are manufactured, chemicals are not used at leather therefore the color of the leather may stain your feet and shoes.
– If your feet sweat the dye of dark colored lining may stain your feet and socks.
– Shoes with hand-stitched tops may get water from stitch places, Therefore, avoid wearing these kinds of shoes during rainy weather. Take care not to use your stout leather, suede and nubuk shoes during rainy and snowy weather.